WMYACCL

West Midland Young Athletes Cross Country League

Sponsored by Sportswear Deals

Home  -  News  -  Fixtures  -  Results  -  Venues  -  Contacts  -  Member clubs  -  Honours  -  History  -  League Info  -  Comments



News:



Date: 3 June 2017

Time: 10:47:16 PM

The WMYACCL AGM is on Wednesday 21st June @ Stratford School in the Stratford AC Pavilion. Meeting is Schedule to start at 7:00pm.
Address:
Stratford upon Avon School
Alcester Rd
Stratford-upon-Avon
CV37 9DH
Follow the side of the astro pitch to the Athletics track for the Pavilion
Agenda:
1. Matters Arising from the 2016 AGM
2. League Sponsorship
3. Secretary’s Report
4. Proposal for Chip timing for 2017/18
5. Treasurer’s Report
6. Rule Changes
7. New club request – Leamington Athletics Academy
8. Election of Officers
9. Dates & Venues for 2016/17

__________________________________________________________________

Date: 19 March 2017

Time: 9:20:23 PM

Message from our Sponsor Sportswear:
If anyone wishes to order a hoody or tee shirt to be mailed out please contact Vince at Sportswear.
Email address: vince@sportsweardeals.co.uk
Mobile number: 07946175816

__________________________________________________________________

Date: 4 March 2017

Time: 10:06:20 PM

West Midland Young Athletes Cross Country League Annual General Meeting will be Wednesday 21st June @ Royal Sutton Coldfield Club House. 7:00pm start.

__________________________________________________________________

Date: 17 January 2017

Time: 9:52:48 PM

We are pleased to announce that Mark Bullock from Stratford Upon Avon AC has agreed to be our new Treasurer from 1st March 2017 for 2017/18 season.

__________________________________________________________________

Date: 15 November 2016

Time: 11:13:50 PM

NEW West MIDLAND CROSS COUNTRY LEAGUE CHAIRMAN
We are pleased to announce Paul Hawkins from Stratford Upon Avon Athletics Club has agreed to be our new chairman. The committee have unanimously agreed to co-opt Paul onto the committee (As per league rule 6, because we are mid season) from the 1st January 2017. He will hold the title of Chairman elect until he is officially voted into the role at the AGM. We trust and hope you will give Paul your full support.
Please see below for a Statement from Paul.

Many of you will know me from being at Stratford upon Avon AC where I coach and have team managed the junior cross country team since we joined the league some 15 years ago. The West Midland Young Athletes League has provided fantastic competition for all the young athletes in that time and is the main focus for all the endurance athletes at my club during the winter months.

I think Noel Butler has been a truly inspirational chairman and I hope I can live up to the high standards he has set in developing the league. Fortunately, I know I can rely on a very talented and committed committee.

If any of you would like to talk about anything to do with our league please do get in touch with me.

Many Thanks

Paul Hawkins

__________________________________________________________________

Date: 5 October 2016

Time: 9:46:41 PM

Warley Woods Fixture 2 Update - Street Parking only!

Please arrive in good time to find a place to park. Car sharing is strongly recommended. Please park with courtesy and consideration for people living near to the venue.

There must be NO PARKING IN SLATCH HOUSE ROAD for safety reasons and on the advice of the police.

__________________________________________________________________

Date: 1 October 2016

Time: 7:39:56 PM

Please be advised. Due to an unforeseen situation we will be unable to publish the results on the day after tomorrow event. We will endeavour to publish them within 7 days. Apologies

__________________________________________________________________

Date: 10 August 2016

Time: 11:05:15 PM

Updated fixtures and Venues for 2016/17 season.

Fixture 1 - Sunday 2nd October - Hatton Park, Warwick (Hosted by Leamington)
Fixture 2 - Sunday 20th November - Warley Woods, Smethwick (Hosted by Tipton Harriers)
Fixture 3 - Sunday 11th December - Perry Park, Perry Barr (Hosted by Birchfield Harriers)
Fixture 4 - Sunday 15th January - Abingdon Park, Northampton (Hosted by Rugby & Northampton)
Fixture 5 - Sunday 12th February - Aldersley Stadium, Wolverhampton (Hosted by Wolverhampton & Bilston)

__________________________________________________________________

Date: 1 August 2016

Time: 12:42:17 PM

Betty Downs one the leagues excellent officials has sadly passed away. Betty had been involved with the West Midland League for over 20 years
She rarely missed any races and was a fixture at meetings in the Birmingham Cross Country League, Road Relays and at numerous tracks. She was an experienced official who encouraged and provided support to less experience Officials.
Betty will be badly missed by us all and will be a hard act to follow.

Our thoughts are with her family at this difficult time.


Our league and athletics in general have lost a true friend

__________________________________________________________________

Date: 1 August 2016

Time: 12:36:18 PM

Dates and Venues for 2016/17 season. AS it stands. The venues may change but the dates will not.

Fixture 1 - Sunday 2nd October @ Hatton Park, Warwick - Hosted by Leamington C&AC
Fixture 2 - Sunday 20th November @ Warley Woods, Smethwick - Hosted by Tipton Harriers
Fixture 3 - Sunday 11th December - Venue TBC
Fixture 4 - Sunday 15th January @ Abingdon Park, Northampton(TBC) - Hosted by Rugby & Northampton
Fixture 5 - Sunday 12th February @ Perry Park, Perry Barr - Hosted by Birchfield Harriers

__________________________________________________________________

Date: 25 May 2016

Time: 3:34:21 PM

Agenda for West Midlands Young Athletes Cross Country League 2016 - Wednesday 29th June - Royal Sutton Cold Field Club House, Sutton Coldfield

Start 7:00pm

1. Matters Arising from the 2015 AGM
2. League Sponsorship
3. Treasurer’s Report
4. Secretary’s Report
5. Rule Changes
6. Election of Officers
7. Dates & Venues for 2016/17
8. Any other Business

Address:
6 Wyndley Lane
Sutton Coldfield
B73 6ES

Any Questions. Please email Philip Woodyatt.
philipwoodyatt@hotmail.com

__________________________________________________________________

Date: 9 March 2016

Time: 12:15:30 PM

Please note that the 2016 AGM will take place on Wednesday 29th June at Royal Sutton Coldfield clubhouse starting at 7pm.

Clubs are allowed two voting representatives but others may come and take part in the discussions but not vote.

This is an important meeting so please ensure your club is represented

Noel Butler
Chairman

__________________________________________________________________

Date: 10 February 2016

Time: 11:16:43 AM

I hope everyone is looking forward to a great finale on Sunday with some very close finishes in the offing. A few points to note:-

1) The individual awards are the best 4 races during the season. If an athlete completes all 5 then the worst score is disregarded.

2) There will be two presentations. The first will be at 12.30 and cover the first 4 races (The under 11 and under 17 age categories for both genders). The second will be at 13.55 for the remaining age categories. The results will be uploaded to the website after each race as normal so can you please ensure that if you are due to receive a medal you are there on time.

3) Team Managers: This season the league will also be making an award to the team manager of the winning team in each age category. If your team wins the gold medal please ensure you are with them at the presentation.

See you on Sunday
Noel Butler
League Chairman

__________________________________________________________________

Date: 18 January 2016

Time: 9:00:31 AM

The results from yesterday’s fixture are now on the website

__________________________________________________________________

Date: 17 January 2016

Time: 9:43:57 PM

Apologies that the results from today are not yet available on the League web site. We have suffered from a combination of technical issues and the weather conditions. They will be published on the League website by Monday at the latest. Thank you for your understanding

__________________________________________________________________

Date: 5 October 2015

Time: 5:43:53 PM

Parking at Abington Park - Sunday 11th October
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND FOLLOW ADVICE

Rugby & Northampton AC have negotiated parking for 140 vehicles with Northants County Cricket Club in their Wantage Road Car Park. This can only be accessed from Wantage Road and there will be NO access via the main entrance to the ground. There is a 15 minute walk from the car park to the course. There is also street parking next to Abington Park on the the A5095 and on Abington Park Crescent.

Note: CAR SHARING is ADVISED!

Follow the link for a map to Abingdon park

https://goo.gl/maps/75cBCrKSoFy

and the car park

https://goo.gl/maps/NUCYTLJqx7U2

__________________________________________________________________

Date: 4 August 2015

Time: 2:29:43 PM

The dates and venues for the 2015-16 season are confirmed as follows:-
- 11th October 2015 – Abington Park (Hosts: Rugby & Northampton)
- 15th November 2015 – Aldersley Stadium (Wolverhampton & Bilston)
- 6th December 2015 – Warley Woods (Tipton)
- 17th January 2016 – Burbage Common (Nuneaton)
- 14th February 2016 - Perry Park (Birchfield)

Noel Butler
Chairman

__________________________________________________________________

Date: 18 February 2015

Time: 7:20:57 AM

LEAGUE AGM DATE SET> I am pleased to confirm that the league’s AGM will take place on Wednesday 24th June at the Royal Sutton Coldfield AC clubhouse starting at 7pm. Our thanks go to RSC for hosting the AGM again.
The detailed agenda will follow nearer the date and if club’s would like items put on the agenda please let me have them by Friday 22nd May. The League’s committee is meeting on 6th May to review this season and plan for the AGM and next season. If there is anything clubs would like them to consider at that meeting please let me know by 15th April.
Noel Butler
Acting Secretary

__________________________________________________________________

Date: 14 February 2015

Time: 11:44:00 AM

PRESENTATIONS AT FINAL MEETING: Please note there will be two presentation ceremonies at the final fixture at Perry Park tomorrow. The first one will be at 12.45pm and will be for the under 11 and under 17 age groups. The remaining trophies and medals will be presented as soon as possible after the final race. Noel Butler Chairman

__________________________________________________________________

Date: 22 December 2014

Time: 8:17:24 PM

***IMPORTANT*** Change of venue for the January fixture: Please note that Nuneaton have had to change the venue for their home fixture on 18th January. It will now take place at Burbage Common, Burbage, Leicestershire LE10 3DD. Directions and a course map will be available on the website prior to the fixture. Noel Butler, Chairman

__________________________________________________________________

Date: 25 November 2014

Time: 9:35:34 PM

UNAUTHORISED SALESMEN: There is a chance that people will be attempting to sell unauthorised goods (hoodies etc) with the league’s name on at fixtures like they did at Wolverhampton. The league has not given permission for these and athletes & parents are advised not to buy them. The authorised hoodies can be purchased from the league’s sponsors Sportswear Deals at their sales stand at each fixture.

If you are approached on the day please refuse to buy the goods and advise the race referee at the start / finish area immediately.

__________________________________________________________________

Date: 25 November 2014

Time: 9:35:09 PM

I am away on holiday from 27th November so if you have any questions or problems after that date please contact Ray Morgan on 07770 938730 or ray.morgan1@btinternet.com
Noel Butler, Chairman

__________________________________________________________________

Date: 6 September 2014

Time: 10:23:52 AM

I am pleased to say the the Fixtures for 2014-15 have now been finalised

Oct 12th – Hatton Country World (Leamington C&AC)
Nov 16th – Aldersley Stadium (Wolverhampton & Bilston AC)
Dec 7th – Warley Woods (Tipton AC)
Jan 18th – Mallory Park (Nuneaton AC)
Feb 15th – Perry Park (Birchfield H)

The Website has been updated accordingly

Noel Butler
Chairman

__________________________________________________________________

Date: 16 July 2014

Time: 3:31:40 PM

The Fixtures for 2014-15 have now been finalised

Oct 12th – Hatton Country World (Leamington C&AC)
Nov 16th – Aldersley Stadium (Wolverhampton & Bilston AC)
Dec 7th – Warley Woods (Tipton AC)
Jan 18th – Mallory Park (Nuneaton AC)
Feb 15th – Perry Park (Birchfield H)

The Website has been updated accordingly

Noel Butler
Chairman

__________________________________________________________________

Date: 20 May 2014

Time: 1:38:21 PM

I am pleased to confirm that the AGM will take place in the Birchfield Harriers clubroom at Alexander Stadium on Monday 16th June starting at 7pm.

__________________________________________________________________

Date: 6 May 2014

Time: 6:14:14 PM

Please note that the league’s AGM will be held on Monday 16th June starting at 7pm.

As in previous years we are hoping that Royal Sutton Coldfield will be able to host the AGM but if not the league will try to find another central venue in the Birmingham area.

Noel Butler - Chairman

__________________________________________________________________

Date: 5 February 2014

Time: 7:05:01 AM

This weekend is the final fixture of the season and for the first time the trophies and medals will be presented on the day. The presentations will be based at the Sphinx club tent and will take place as soon as possible after each race. So please listen out for announcements on the day.

As it is the first time we are doing this there might be some teething problems so if there are please be patient

Thanks

Noel Butler
Chairman

__________________________________________________________________

Date: 17 January 2014

Time: 1:08:36 PM

Nuneaton has told us that while the course is wet, Sunday’s fixture will go ahead. However, the grass parking may not be useable so if this is the case will athletes and spectators use alternative parking in the side roads round the venue
Noel Butler Chairman

__________________________________________________________________

Date: 21 November 2013

Time: 4:31:22 PM

I have received the following information from Halesowen about the fixture on 8th December.

There will be parking in front of the clubhouse for Officials and team managers. This is an area without moving traffic during the event in the area where competitors and spectators will be so cars will not be able to leave until after the races have finished.
Parking for competitors will be within the club grounds and at Sandvik. Both areas will be marshalled so please follow the marshals’ instructions. Those parking at Sandvik must use the official crossing point just above the car park exit.
Access to the course is directly from the club grounds.
Course Details:-
Under 11 - 1 Large lap
Under 13 - 1 Small and 1 Large
Under 15 - 2 Large
Under 17 Women - 1Small and 2 Large
U17 Men - 3 Large
The small lap is around the field which holds the start and finish.

__________________________________________________________________

Date: 19 September 2013

Time: 7:15:09 PM

The website is now up to date with all current information

Noel Butler
Chairman

__________________________________________________________________

Date: 29 August 2013

Time: 11:32:25 PM

Fixture on 8th December - Change of Venue
Please note this fixture will now be held at Halesowen AC.

Noel Butler
Chairman

__________________________________________________________________

Date: 12 August 2013

Time: 6:40:54 PM

I am pleased to announce that Bob Hughes of Cannock and Stafford AC has offered to take up the position of Registration Secretary of the League. The committee has met with Bob and subsequently co-opted him onto the committee.

The league is very fortunate to have a volunteer of Bob’s experience and I would ask everyone connected with the league to give him their support while he settles into this very important role.

Noel Butler
Chairman

__________________________________________________________________

Date: 6 July 2013

Time: 9:44:01 PM

At the AGM the clubs agreed a sponsorship deal with Sportswear Deals and below is the press release distributed today


The League is pleased to announce that agreement has been reached with Sportswear Deals to sponsor the league next season. The league will be known as

“West Midland Young Athletes Cross Country League sponsored by Sportswear Deals”

This is a big boost to the league and will allow it to continue to provide high quality competition for youngsters in the West Midlands.

Vince Wilson from Sportswear Deals responded to the news with the following comments:-

"Grassroots athletics is vital to the future of our sport and I remember my first ever race for my hometown club Jarrow and Hebburn Athletic Club was in the North East Harrier League which is a similar league to the WMYACCL and that proved to be the platform of a successful career that took me into international honours. Without the unpaid work by the volunteers that help put these leagues together the future if the sport would be very weak.

I feel very proud that my company Sportswear Deals can play a small part in providing some financial contribution as well as provide other essential items that would otherwise cost more money for one of the biggest Young Athletes leagues in the UK.”

Noel Butler
Chairman

__________________________________________________________________

Date: 19 June 2013

Time: 6:19:19 PM

The 2013 AGM took place on 19th June at Sutton Coldfield. You can read the minutes of the AGM here.

__________________________________________________________________

Date: 9 June 2013

Time: 9:22:58 PM

West Midland Young Athletes Cross Country League AGM – Wednesday 19th June 2013

I have today emailed out the papers for the league’s AGM to the circulation list I hold for member clubs. If any club’s representative has not received them can you please let me know immediately?

Noel Butler
Acting Secretary

__________________________________________________________________

Date: 16 February 2013

Time: 8:57:20 AM

Annual General Meeting 2013

This is to advise you that the League’s 2012 AGM will be held on Wednesday 19th June at the Royal Sutton Coldfield AC clubhouse by kind permission of the club. The club house is in Wyndley Lane in Sutton Coldfield the postcode is B73 6EB.

Clubs may send two representatives who may vote. Additional representatives are welcome who may speak but cannot vote. Please ensure your club is represented as will we be reviewing the changes made this season to see if any changes are needed.

Items for the agenda should be sent to me as soon as possible but no later than Friday 7th June. The agenda will be circulated to clubs and placed on the league’s website on Monday 10th June. However, there is a committee meeting on 15th April when the committee will be reviewing the season and would appreciate clubs feedback on the season just gone.

If you have nominations for league officers please let me have them by 7th June to include on the agenda though nominations will be accepted at the AGM

I will contact you again once we have suggested dates for next season are available.
.

Yours sincerely



Noel Butler
Chairman

__________________________________________________________________

Date: 19 January 2013

Time: 12:03:05 PM

I am pleased to confirm that the meeting at Nuneaton tomorrow is on.

This morning I drove from Warwick to Nuneaton using the A46 & A444 and returned on the M6, M42 & M40 a round trip of 60 miles and all the roads were clear of snow and in some places the road surface had actually started to dry out. No snow is forecast to fall in the Nuneaton area until after the races start tomorrow and even then it is forecast to be light.

For those who don’t know the venue the A444 dual carriageway comes within 800 metres of the entrance. There is compacted snow in the car park but it didn’t seem to have troubled the users of the Leisure Centre today as it was 75% full.

The course itself has a covering of snow and the ground underneath will take a spike.

I look forward to seeing you all tomorrow.

Noel Butler
Chairman

__________________________________________________________________

Date: 18 January 2013

Time: 5:00:59 PM

The inspection today at Nuneaton showed that the course is fine but the area of concern is the roads approaching the venue.

As the worst of the snow has passed and the forecast for Nuneaton tomorrow is light snow for a few hours in the morning a final decision on whether the fixture will go ahead will be made between 12.00 and 13.00 hours tomorrow. It will be emailed to the clubs and posted on the website by 13.00 hours.

Noel Butler
Chairman

__________________________________________________________________

Date: 16 January 2013

Time: 9:51:57 PM

The regional weather forecast is poor for the weekend but the local forecast for Nuneaton is not so bad with light snow forecast for Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

I will discuss with Nuneaton on Friday evening what the conditions are like on the course and whether any further inspections are required. The outcome of these discussions will be posted on the website so please keep looking out for updates.

Noel Butler
League Chairman

__________________________________________________________________

Date: 10 January 2013

Time: 10:19:02 PM

The site map and course map for the next fixture are available on the fixtures page. The host club has requested that no one should park in the Cedar Tree Public House car park. The official car park will be signed.
Noel Butler Chairman

__________________________________________________________________

Date: 20 December 2012

Time: 10:28:06 PM

On behalf of the officers of the league I wish all the clubs, their officials and athletes a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

I look forward to seeing you all at Nuneaton on 20th January.

Noel Butler
Chairman

__________________________________________________________________

Date: 8 December 2012

Time: 11:34:06 AM

Tipton have advised the league that because of work by the Council at Sandwell Valley they were told yesterday they cannot use the planed course which has been in use for the past few years. They are going to have to revert to the course they used prior to the current one.

As you can imagine this has caused Tipton considerable extra work and there may not be a course map available tomorrow so it is even more important athletes walk the course prior to their race.

Noel Butler
Chairman


Please note I

__________________________________________________________________

Date: 4 December 2012

Time: 5:05:12 PM

Can I remind clubs and individuals who won a league trophy last season that they have to be returned at this Sunday’s fixture. Can you please arrange to give them to me at the race HQ.

I will position myself next to Ruth who will be giving out the numbers.

Dont forget that they should have been engraved before they are returned

Noel Butler
Chairman

__________________________________________________________________

Date: 7 November 2012

Time: 9:23:16 PM

2nd Fixture – Wolverhampton 11th November

Please note that the course map from Wolverhampton is on the website. To find it go into fixtures then click on ‘location’ and then on ‘view plan’

Other information from Wolverhampton:-

• Some refreshments will be available by tent city and the Pickens bar upstairs in the leisure centre will be open
• Plenty of room for car parking
• No portable toilets on the course the nearest toilets will be in the
main leisure centre at Aldersley
• Team registrations /enquires/collecting numbers /results will be based in the foyer at the leisure centre which opens at 8.00am
• Address details are Aldersley Leisure Village Aldersley Road Hugh Porter Way Wolverhampton WV69NW Tel 01902 556200

Please note as it is Remembrance Sunday and Armistice Day we will be observing a 2 minutes silence at 11am just prior to the first race.

I look forward to seeing you all on Sunday

*Noel Butler
Chairman
07772 989158

__________________________________________________________________

Date: 6 October 2012

Time: 3:11:43 PM

Fixture at Hatton tomorrow – latest update

Heavy overnight rain has left lying water on many parts of the course and necessitated a slight change in the course from the maps that were sent out. The weather forecast for the next 24 hours is good so there is no danger of the meeting being postponed but I recommend that athletes do walk the course before they run and also bring some long spikes with them.

The main problem is the car park which is very wet so if people can share cars and so reduce the number of cars coming to the meeting it would help as some parts of the car park cannot be used. Do not to try to park other than where you are instructed because the marshals will be avoiding the very wet patches of the car park. If you ignore instructions and get stuck in the mud we will not be able to move you until the meeting is finished and the course dismantled which will be about 3.30pm.

I look forward to seeing you tomorrow.

Noel Butler
Race Director

__________________________________________________________________

Date: 2 September 2012

Time: 9:16:52 PM

Chairman’s Annual Message.

The past year has been an important one for the league with a new committee taking over the running of the league and a number of significant changes to how the league and the fixtures will be administered.

Following the AGM and after much delay we finally managed to get a fifth fixture and a League Secretary. Ray Morgan of Leamington has developed results software for the league and has offered to do the results for next season to quality assure the software and fix any bugs that may appear. This has allowed Alison mills of Nuneaton to take over as Secretary for this season. As Alison will take over the results again for the 2013/14 season we will still need a Secretary for that season and beyond.

While copies of the recorders sheets will be posted after each race the team results will not be available after the day of the race. The target is to have them on the website by the Wednesday following the fixture. A result of this is there will not be a presentation after the final race and trophies and medals will be sent to the clubs.

The updated league rules are on the website and below are the main changes which you need to be aware of and some must be passed onto your team mangers if you are not performing that duty.

The subscriptions are now charged for each club rather than individual athletes. The amount is £100 and should have been paid by now. If you haven’t already done so can you please ensure it is done as soon as possible.

Entries have to be done on the electronic registration form which will be sent to you shortly. Numbers will be available at the first meeting and have to be collected by one person per club before the first race. Please note that your club’s registrations cannot be processed until your subs have been paid.

As mentioned there is no handbook this season and all the information required is on the league’s website http://www.wmyaccl.com Can club’s please ensure all your athletes know this website address and can you arrange for a link to it to be put on your own club’s website.

The distances for the races are now shown in metres, rather than laps, to allow clubs to decide the best courses for their venue. This does not preclude clubs from retaining the laps as previously used.

The u17 ladies distance has been increased to 4,000m and the timetable has been altered to accommodate the additional time this race will now take. The timetable and distance are shown is the league rules.

There are two extremely important changes that all team mangers and athletes need to be aware of:-

• Athletes must wear the number allocated to them by the league. If it is lost then a duplicate has to be obtained from the league. Duplicate numbers will cost £2 each.

• Athletes must wear their club’s vest.

Failure to do either of these will result in disqualification. The referee has no discretion on these issues any longer. Can you please ensure all officials and team mangers are aware of these changes.

A number of our long standing officials have retired and we need new officials to replace them. Can I therefore ask club’s to circulate their officials to see whether they could officiate at one of more of the fixtures this season. Any further information can be obtained from the Officials Secretary Noel Mckakly" on makie_2@hotmail.com.

Finally I request your patience this season. There are many changes and there will be teething problems before we get everything working correctly. Your help to do this will be appreciated and constructive feedback will be very welcome.

Have a good season

Noel Butler
Chairman

__________________________________________________________________

Date: 24 June 2012

Time: 12:49:35 PM

IMPORTANT NEWS PLEASE READ.
There were two disappointing moments at last week’s AGM in what was otherwise an historic meeting where many important changes to how the league will be run in future were taken.

Disappointment No 1: There were no offers for the vacancy of League Secretary. I will produce minutes of the AGM but I will finish as acting Secretary after that. The clubs will have to find a volunteer or there will be no one co-ordinating the league for the start of the season.

Disappointment No 2: There were only four offers to host meetings next season. So the fixture list looks like this at the moment:-

• 7th October 2012 (Tipton)
• 11th November 2012 (Wolverhampton & Bilston)
• 9th December 2012
• 20th January 2013 (Nuneaton)
• 10th February 2013 (Birchfield)

We need a venue for the 9th December, 7th October or 11th November as Tipton & Wolverhampton had kindly agreed to move to another date if an offer comes in for the date they are currently hosting. As I have mentioned previously I am willing to assist a new club design a course and my club will loan you all the equipment you need to host a meeting.

There are 20 clubs in the league but 11 have not supplied any nominations for league officers nor offered to host a meeting. I must ask these clubs to look and see whether they can fill the two gaps mentioned above. I do not think it is fair or equitable that we should expect the clubs already doing their bit for the league to take on more work. Perhaps clubs could get together to co-host a meeting.

I will wait until Sunday 8th July for nominations for Secretary and offers to host a meeting. If they are not resolved by then I will reconsider my position as Chairman because these gaps mean I have failed in that role.


Noel Butler
Chairman



I set out below the responsibilities of the league secretary.

These have to be done:-

1. Be the contact point for correspondence addressed to the league. This is only a handful of items mainly annual returns and affiliations.

2. Set the date for the AGM, book the venue and send out the notice at the appointed time and produce the agenda and related papers just prior to the meeting.

3. Produce minutes of the AGM.

4. Arrange a committee meeting after the end of the season and before the AGM, produce an Agenda and take minutes.

Items 2, 3 & 4 will be done in conjunction with the Chairman.

Depending on how the individual would like to develop the role the following could also be done:-

Attendance at the fixtures to develop a relationship with the clubs and technical officials.

Become one of the authorised persons to update the League’s website.

However, it is the first 4 items that are key and if there is a concern about minutes then I can work with the person during the first year to support them.

__________________________________________________________________

Date: 20 June 2012

Time: 9:04:23 AM

AGM - WEDNESDAY 20th JUNE 2012 COMMENCING AT 7pm

AT ROYAL SUTTON COLDFIELD AC CLUB HOUSE,
WYNDLEY LANE, ROYAL SUTTON COLDFIELD

AGENDA

1. Chairman’s opening remarks

2. Apologies

3. Minutes of the 2011 AGM

4. Matters Arising
- Item 5(a) Behavior of athletes

5. Treasurer’s Report

6. Secretary’s Report

7. Changes of Rule. See attached sheet

8. Election of Officers:-

- Chairman: Noel Butler (Leamington)
- Secretary:
- Treasurer: Matthew Hargreaves (Tamworth)
- Registration Secretary: Ruth Waugh (Rugby & Northampton)
- Results Secretaries: Alison & Craig Mills (Nuneaton)
- Trophies Secretary: Bob Carey (Sphinx)
- Officials Secretary: Noel Mckakly (Wolverhampton & Bilston)

9. Sponsorship

10. Dates & Venues for the 2012 – 2013 season:-
The proposed dates with offers are:
7th October 2012
11th November 2012 (Wolverhampton & Bilston)
9th December 2012
20th January 2013 (Nuneaton)
10th February 2013 (Birchfield)

11. Any Other Relevant Business


Noel Butler
Acting Secretary
11th June 2012

__________________________________________________________________

Date: 11 June 2012

Time: 9:03:37 AM

AGM - 20th JUNE 2012 COMMENCING AT 7.30 pm
Item 7 – Changes to Rules

Rule 3: Proposed by the Committee. The rule will be changed to

AFFILIATION FEES will be charged per Club the amount to be agreed at the AGM. These fees must be paid by 1st September each year. All payments are to be made by electronic transfer to the League’s bank account. If the payment is not made by 1st September then the club(s) concerned will have deemed to have resigned from the league

This is to reflect the proposal in the Treasurers report to change to a club affiliation fee rather than per competitor.

Rule 5: Proposed by the Committee. The rule will be changed to

Declarations must be sent to the Registration Secretary via email using t the league’s template by the advertised date which will be no later than two weeks before the first meeting. Only one template per club will be accepted.

For all future meetings any additional athletes must be registered by e-mail using the league’s template by the advertised dates which will be no later than one week before the meeting. Only one template per club will be accepted.

This is to reflect that the League now has a Registration Secretary (This should have been passed last year).

It also reflects the new registration process which is to be done via email. Only one entry template will be accepted from each club for each meeting. There is no need for guests as if they are registered on the template they can score of the club.

Rule 6: Proposed by the Committee. The rule will be changed to

The number as issued to an individual athlete must be worn by the athlete only, any athlete who completes in a race without the correct number issued by the league or without any number at all will be disqualified (UKA Rule 18(1).

The committee considers that this rule which was worded to give discretion to the referee is being abused and is causing unnecessary additional work for the referee and results team.

Rule 8: Proposed by the Committee. The rule will be changed to

Club vests must be worn by competitors and under no circumstances will a vest with any form of advertising or publicity, unless provided by our sponsor, be allowed. If an athlete runs in other than their club vest or the vest is in breach of the advertising requirement they will be disqualified.

The committee considers that this rule which was worded to give discretion to the referee is being abused. This will ensure consistency.

Rule 10: Proposed by the Committee. The rule will be changed to

Whenever possible, one copy of the finishing order will be displayed on the day of the race. Final individual and team results will be available on the league’s website by 8pm on the Wednesday following the meeting.

This is to reflect the new results process. Results will no longer be available on the day of the race. They will be available on the league’s website by 8pm the Wednesday following the meeting.

Lost Numbers: Proposed by the Committee. The note will be changed to

Lost numbers will be replaced at a cost of £2. They will have to be ordered from the Registration Secretary prior to the meeting and collected prior to the first race on the day of the fixture. The cost of replacement numbers will be invoiced to clubs at the end of the season.

Timetable of Events (1): Proposed by Leamington C&AC

The distance of each race should be in metres rather than laps. The distances to be

• Under 11 Male & Female: 1600m
• Under 13 Male & Female: 2500m
• Under 15 Male & Female: 3200m
• Under 17 Female: 3200m
• Under 17 Male: 4800m

This doesn’t prevent clubs retaining lapped courses but gives flexibility to clubs on courses which don’t suit laps.

Timetable of Events (2): Proposed by the Committee.

The distance of the Under 17 Female race to be extended to 2½ laps (4000m)

The distance for this age group is disproportionally shorter in relation to the UKA maximum distances than any of the other age groups.

The league distances and UKA Maximums are:-

• Under 13 Male & Female: League 2500m (UKA 3500m) - League distance 71% of maximum
• Under 15Male & Female: League 3200m (UKA 5000m) - League distance 64% of maximum

• Under 17Female: League 3200m (UKA 6500m) - League distance 49% of maximum
• Under 17Male: League 4800m (UKA 6500m) - League distance 73% of maximum

Adding half a lap (800m) to the U17 Female race to bring the distance to 4000m will mean it would be 61% of the UKA maximum still the smallest of all the age groups.

__________________________________________________________________

Date: 1 June 2012

Time: 5:04:48 PM

Annual General Meeting 2012

This is to advise you that the League’s 2012 AGM will be held on Wednesday 20th June at the Royal Sutton Coldfield AC clubhouse starting at 7pm by kind permission of the club. The club house is in Wyndley Lane in Sutton Coldfield the postcode is B73 6EB.

Clubs may send two representatives who may vote. Additional representatives are welcome who may speak but cannot vote. Please ensure your club is represented as there will be important announcements on how the league will be run next season.

Items for the agenda should be sent to me as soon as possible but no later than Friday 8th June. The agenda will be circulated to clubs and placed on the league’s website on Monday 11th June.

Please note that I cannot continue as Acting Secretary beyond the AGM so the clubs need to find a volunteer. It is no longer an onerous job but needs someone with administration skills. If you would like to have more information about the position please call me.

If there are any nominations for this or any other committee position please let me have them by 8th June to include on the agenda though nominations will be accepted at the AGM

The suggested dates for next season, based on the information to hand are:-

Sunday 7th October
Sunday 11th November
Sunday 9th December
Sunday 20th January
Sunday 10th February

If you know of any reason why these dates are not suitable please let me know as soon as possible. Offers of hosts for all of these are needed. It would be helpful if offers could be sent to me by 8th June.

Yours sincerely

Noel Butler
Acting Secretary

__________________________________________________________________

Date: 14 February 2012

Time: 9:22:22 PM

League AGM

Please note that the League’s AGM will take place on Wednesday 20th June at 7pm in the Royal Sutton Coldfield clubhouse by kind permission of the club. Club’s now have over 4 months notice so there should be no reason why every club cannot be represented at the AGM.

It will be a very important meeting as a number of aspects of how the league is run will be discussed. If you do not attend please do not subsequently complain if you don’t like the changes!!

The formal notice with the agenda will be sent out closer to the date but please put this in your diaries and on your club notice boards and websites.

Don’t forget we still need a League Secretary

Noel Butler
Acting Secretary

__________________________________________________________________

Date: 26 January 2012

Time: 9:31:36 PM

Please note that the three clubs who are due to supply funnel marshals for the final fixture at Perry Park are:-

· Rugby & Northampton

· Kidderminster & Stourport

· Sparkhill Harriers

They should supply three marshals each, at least one should be a female to work on the female races and they should report to the referee at the finish area by 10.30am.

If any of these clubs are have problems supplying the marshals they should let Noel Mckakly the officials secretary know as soon as possible. Please do not leave it to the day of the meeting as there will be no opportunity for Noel to find replacements at that time.

__________________________________________________________________

Date: 7 December 2011

Time: 9:17:52 AM

Please note that the Chairmans email address has changed. It is now noel.butler31@gmail.com

__________________________________________________________________

Date: 2 December 2011

Time: 4:44:18 PM

Please note that there are no changing facilities available at Hatton for the fixture on 11th December.

The refreshment outlets in Hatton Shopping Vilage are a cafe 160m from the edge of the course and a self service resturant a further 130m into the complex.

__________________________________________________________________

Date: 29 November 2011

Time: 9:08:36 AM

3rd Fixture Sunday 11th December.

This is the first time we have used the Hatton Estate and we will have a separate car park from the Estate’s visitors so please follow the instructions of the car park marshals.

Hatton Shopping Village which is next to the course is having its Christmas shopping weekend on the 10th & 11th December. Athletes and their families are invited to visit it on the day of the race.

A reminder that the following clubs are due to supply funnel marshals on 11th December; Royal Sutton Coldfield, Stratford and Coventry Godiva. They should report to the referee at 10.30 near the start line.

__________________________________________________________________

Date: 13 November 2011

Time: 6:00:00 PM

Over 700 athletes competed today at Aldersley Stadium, Wolverhampton. The weather stayed dry, and the ground was firm underfoot.

__________________________________________________________________

Date: 10 November 2011

Time: 9:00:00 AM

The new website for the West Midland Young Athletes Cross Country League has now been launched.

__________________________________________________________________